Commercial applications involving carbohydrates are increasingly requiring carbohydrate modification. Glycidylethers specifically change characteristics of the carbohydrate by crosslinking or attaching hydrophobic or hydrophilic chains. Examples of these glycidylethers include:
- Cellulose ethers such as hydroxyethyl cellulose (HEC), carboxymethyl cellulose (CMC) and ethylhydroxyethyl cellulose (EHEC)
- Starch and guar
SACHEM commercially supplies carbohydrate modifiers.
We offer the following products as part of our Reagens™ MOD portfolio of products for carbohydrate modification:
- Reagens™ MOD 1015 (2-EHGE 98%)
- Reagens™ MOD 1042 (AD-AZA 10%)
- Reagens™ MOD 1069 (AGE)
- Reagens™ MOD 1315 (DCP 99%)
- Reagens™ MOD 1415 (HAGE 22)
- Reagens™ MOD 1431 (HAGE 16)
- Reagens™ MOD 1474 (n-BGE 97%)
We continue to broaden our portfolio for this market and work together with our customers to design innovative and unique carbohydrate modifiers.