SACHEM’s Ethyltrimethylammonium Hydroxide or ETMAH is highly pure quaternary ammonium compound that has a variety of applications. Our clients have found use of ETMAH in the integrated circuit manufacturing market as a formulation component for selective etch applications.
SACHEM’s Envure System™ is a line of products developed to meet the continuing challenges facing the integrated circuit (IC) market. ETMAH is an Envure SE™ product which forms the foundation in many critical formulations in polysilicon etching applications and is an excellent alternative to Tetramethylammonium Hydroxide.
Why Ethyltrimethylammonium Hydroxide (ETMAH) is beneficial for etch applications:
- Comparable performance to TMAH: Higher LD50 levels in dermal exposure
- Tunable with temperature and concentration for IC and PV applications
- Good organic solubility and increased performance
- Low metal ion and halide levels provide flexibility to integrate lower purity components in applications with overall “contamination budgets”
- Synonyms: Ethanaminium, N,N,N-trimethyl-, hydroxide
- Molecular Formula: C5H15NO
- Molecular Weight: 105.1787 g/mol