SACHEM’s Salego™ DSIL line offers a unique product that can be used as desilylation agent or deprotection agent within pharmaceutical multistep synthesis. Salego™ DSIL 3433 (TBAF) is an ideal non-aqueous source of fluoride for organic reaction systems. The use of TBAF as a desilylation or deprotection agent is the most widely known and practiced. However, its unique base and non-nucleophilic properties make it a diverse reagent in multiple reaction classes.
Tetrabutylammonium Fluoride (TBAF) Trihydrate, 98%
- Conjugate addition
Key Attributes and Benefits of TBAF
SACHEM’s TBAF is a desilylation agent offered as a trihydrate crystal which provides the following features:
- Minimum water content (only 3 mols of water for each mol of TBAF)
- Easily soluble in organic solvents for increased reactivity in a variety of reaction systems
- “Anhydrous” source of fluoride (when dissolved and dried in a solvent) for increased accessibility
- Non-nucleophilic base for use in base-catalyzed reactions
- Strong desylalition agent for TBDMS (tert-butyldimethylsilyl)-protected alcohols
TBAF Product Availability
Our global network of facilities and seamless logistical support can supply TBAF anywhere in the world, consistently, reliably and at various quantities.
- Commercial scale manufacturing capability in bulk quantities
- Packaging of TBAF trihydrate 25 kg and 50 kg fiber drums
Contact us to see how TBAF can work in your reaction system.